Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday 4 May 2012

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I feel that overall my skills have improved dramatically from my preliminary task. The cover of my preliminary task was very two dimensional, and not much from the cover stood out to the reader. I have improved upon this however through editing in magazine I feel I was able to create an eye catching cover on my final task. The model’s eyes on the cover stand out to the reader as I spent time editing them to ensure they were brighter and more colourful so they caught the attention of the reader.
The text/fonts on my initial cover blended in somewhat to the background, however I learned how to make each and every caption on the cover stand out, this Is one major flaw in which I feel I have successfully progressed with.
Another thing I feel I have progressed with is my editing skills. Initially on my preliminary, I was very unsure of Photoshop, especially with cutting people out, however with the second task I gained more confidence, and was then able to define the edge to select the background. This meant I could cut out every piece of hair on the models head, even the little strands.
ther layout was more effective as the main hook stood out compared to the rest. Although the background on both magazines was plain, on my final product this was done to serve a particular purpose, on my preliminary task it was because I had little knowledge of authentic magazines.
I also made use of institutional features for my final product; barcode, price, issue number etc. I feel this added authenticity to my product.

No comments:

Post a Comment